Call for participation in online panel: Aligning LanguageCert General Exams to the Canadian Language BenchmarksThe primary goal of the panels is to map the LanguageCert General tests to the Canadian Language Benchmarks, establishing suitable cut scores and thus ensuring that the exam accurately reflects the language proficiency standards embodied in the CLB.
We are seeking professionals with a strong theoretical familiarity with CLB levels, regardless of their geographic location. Preference is given to those with 5+ years experience with the CLB. Eligible panellists include professionals involved in language education with practical experience of the CLB in areas such as curriculum design, instruction and assessment. They will include:
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) instructors
- University professors specialising in Applied Linguistics or a related field
- Directors/departmental heads of language programs
Each panel will cover two language skills (i.e., speaking, listening, reading, writing) and will engage in the following activities:
- 1 preparation day for reviewing test materials (approximately 4 hours per skill).
- 3 online meetings. Each meeting is 1.5 hours per skill, with a 30-minute break between skills.
- 2 asynchronous reviewing sessions between the online meetings (timings vary, see table below).
- Completion of a questionnaire at the conclusion of the panel.
Panellists will be reimbursed for the equivalent of three and a half days of work with remuneration dependent upon position (language instructor / university professor / director). A non-disclosure agreement and a contract outlining the work and daily fee will be signed upon confirmation of your involvement.
If you are interested in participating in this panel or have any questions, please email us at CLBpanel@peoplecert.org. Your email should include a short paragraph indicating your interest in the panel, your background with the CLB/LINC, and a current copy of your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Research Study (languagecert.org)